A wrecker service is something you probably hope to never need, but likely will. If you own or operate trucks, there will be a time when you need the help a wrecker service can offer. This makes it important to understand what a truck wrecker service in Duncan, OK can do for you. Wrecker services vary among providers, but several common services are typically offered:
- Basic towing: Most of us have been here. Even if we’ve never been stranded with a semi truck, we’ve probably needed a tow for our car at some point. Wrecker service provides towing for your vehicle when you can’t get it to the shop for repairs, or when you need to get it home from the side of the road. Companies that provide services for semi trucks are equipped with the vehicles and tools needed to tow large trucks.
- Recovery: If there has been an accident, a wrecker service can offer assistance to recover the vehicle. Trucks that have flipped onto their side or jackknifed into a ditch are no simple tow. Specialized services are required at the scene to right the vehicle and remove it safely.
- Specialty recovery: Some situations require additional care and equipment. Vehicles that are underwater, sunk in mud or surrounded by other liquids necessitate additional knowledge, equipment and skill. Wrecker services offer trained technicians who can handle situations that are out of the ordinary.
- Storage: Many circumstances require storage of a vehicle. Accident investigations, criminal proceedings or impounding can all warrant vehicle storage. Often, a wrecker service offers storage areas to house vehicles while they await repairs or other fates.
Part of what determines the duties performed by any wrecker company is their licensing. Several types of wrecker service licenses are available.
- General (G) Class wrecker service license with no storage: Equipped with this license, a service can tow vehicles from one location to another. Without storage, the driver cannot take the vehicle to their home or to a storage facility belonging to someone else.
- Class G wrecker service with storage: Service providers with this licensure can tow a vehicle to their storage facility. However, they cannot tow a vehicle from private property, nor can they tow for law enforcement.
- Class AA wrecker license: This type of license requires a storage facility. Service providers can tow all vehicles within the weight limit of their vehicle. They can also tow per owner request, on private property and for law enforcement.
Do you have a fleet of vehicles? Does your livelihood depend on the operation and service of a fleet of semi trucks? If you own a fleet, you will likely require wrecker services more frequently than you would prefer. While the situations that require wrecker services are usually unpleasant, your experience with the service provider doesn’t have to be. By working with a trusted wrecker service, you can guarantee receipt of top-notch care for you and your fleet. With this in mind, contact Heavy Truck & Trailer Parts when you need truck wrecker service in Duncan, OK.